Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Success versus Failure

There is no such thing as Failure in weight loss. Only giving up. Case in point. Last night was my husband's birthday. We went out for dinner to The Keg. It's our favorite place. They hand wrote him a birthday card and everyone working that night signed it. I really didn't want a steak. I'm eating much healthier now and it's just not my favorite thing. I LOVE scallops. And salmon if done right. But the seafood just didn't seem to be that much better. I saw a lot of seafood with cream sauces or butter. And that just wasn't really what I was searching for when I say seafood. I like herbs and spices and lightly grilled.

So I had steak. I got the steak done the way I wanted and got the sides, appetizer, and dessert that I wanted. I figured if I couldn't do it better I would do it my way. Today I was right back on my game plan. I feel great. I don't feel guilty for what I ate, because, I did what I wanted. Not because I could but I weighed my options and made the right decision.

Had I said well I gave up last night in the battle and let the rest of my week go downhill then that's just giving up. One minor set back is not failure. Even if I gain 1 pound this week instead of lose it. Again, that would be giving up. Seeing the scale go up 1 pound and giving up is just giving up. I didn't fail. I let life happen and enjoyed my night. I ate what "I" wanted. Not what I should be eating, or tried to save 100 calories on the night.

I had fun and now I'm back in the game. But I'm still in the game!!

5 comments:

  1. So far as cardio, working out can frequently be started at a couple of weeks. If you are curious to know more about contour lipo units, click here.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is possible to increase the ampere output from the low end to a higher level. If you are curious to know more about strawberry lipolaser machine, here you can get more information about it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It works by using an ultrasound to burn fat away from your body and the result will be an instant flat and smooth tummy area, that is as smooth as a baby's bottom. Source to know about the lipolaser model by the reputed medical device company Yolo.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This technology is safe for people to use, and it has no side effects. Aside from the fact that it works so fast, it is also a convenient way to reduce the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles. You can discover here for more information about lipo melt machine.

    ReplyDelete