Monday, April 26, 2010

Starting statistics

I still need to measure my arms, etc. Soon as I do that I will update this post. For now, here is where I am starting at. Not good, but at least I have a starting point. Looking forward to the end point but 1 day at a time I always say.

188.6 pounds
44.8% body fat
29.5 bmi

Not great. But it can only get better from here.

Today wasn't a great start for me. Coffee for breakfast and I didn't get me a journal this weekend to log my eating. I will get that this morning and hopfully my SodaStream will be here and I can get started tomorrow. I did bring some bananas to work and I will be using the blender here at work to whip up some smoothies, etc.

I had thought about starting last week, but last week was far too hectic to really dig in. I did finally get to the grocery store on Sunday and stocked up on healthy food for a change. So that's a good start. And while Monday has not been my better days, I did know what I was getting myself into when I went to bed late last night. Tonight will be much better. Even though we still have game night I will make sure we are getting to bed sooner. I thought it would just work itself out on it's own but it hasn't.

I'm not blaming or making excuses. Life happens. The reason for the disrupted sleep is that hubby hasn't been feeling well for about a month now. Since he isn't resting very well it means I'm also not getting well rested. It's both a worry a worry of not knowing what this might be, and just not feeling well so sleep is often not perfect. I blame myself, I thought maybe if he got some extra rest it would only help his body to repair itself. Unfortunately that trick only works on me. I read my body very well. When I notice the first sign of getting sick it's lots of bed rest for me. I learned this early on, if I can get a lot of OJ and sleep when I first get sick it never gets very bad for me. When I don't my illness lingers for a very long time. It never gets bad, but it just lingers for weeks or months until I finally have to intervene with an antibiotic. At that point the illness is well rested in my body so me getting more sleep won't help. The other thing that happens if I don't get enough rest so that my body can kick it, is it will become very bad. This only happens if it's sinus related or bronchial related. I'm prone to sinus infections and bronchitis. Those will both flare up really severely if I don't follow my normal regime. Anyhow, to make a long story short this doesn't work for hubby and all that a nap during the day does for him is cause him to want to stay up late. I've learned my lesson and that won't happen again.


SodaStream (Soda-Club) USA 468x60 Grey Static

1 comment:

  1. After the treatment by lipolaser, the patient can also get an abdominoplasty, wherein he or she will get rid of excess skin and fat from the abdomen area. Search here to get more information about diode information summary.

    ReplyDelete