Thursday, April 22, 2010

Swedish pancakes

I love em, but apparently I can't make them for the life of me. I used the box mix and a regular grill pan. Got a good small shape, and brown on the one side. But flipping was another story entirely. I tried a LOT of non stick spray but all they did was stick to everything. Not sure what I'm doing wrong, but maybe I'll remember and YouTube next time I attempt them. I don't really like really thick pancakes.

One thing I do really really like are the pancake mixes from Target. I know it's going to sound really odd that my favorite mix would be Target, but it's true. So far I have had the apple strudel and the apple caramel. Both are really good, very similar but very good. I highly recommend both. I have the raspberry chocolate one, but I haven't made that one yet. I'll update this post soon as I have more info.

I also need to find a better way to be keeping track of what I am eating every day. I need to start keeping a journal because I am eating all over the place and not having a good way to update what I'm doing as well. I'll get a journal to log everything this weekend and this Monday I will do much better about getting my food journal to you.

This week has been a bad week from an emotional perspective. Hubby has been sick for a few months now. They ran some blood work and a CT scan and they can tell there are vitamin deficiencies as a result of whatever is wrong, and they know something is wrong, they just don't have any idea what that might be. Nothing showed up in the bloodwork or catscan. That is both good and bad. It means that they have been able to rule out some things that it can't be, but it still leave some scary options of what it could still be. Trying not to think about that bridge until we come to it as George Wallace would say. He has another appointment in a week and hopefully we will know more.

Good news is in all the other chaos. Tomorrow is going to be a very exciting day. He has another phone interview. And bar results come out. Once he gets bar results and they will be great I just know it, it will open up a lot of doors as to what he can start applying for. Once those results come out he will be able to start applying for some jobs. I think he still has the admissions part to endure, and I need to find out what the time frame is on that, but tomorrow should be a really exciting day in any event.

SodaStream (Soda-Club) USA 468x60 Grey Static

No comments:

Post a Comment